Pages

Sunday 23 January 2011

Sunrise on the coast


As I was saying over in Twitter land ( follow here ), I went back through my image folders from last year with a new set of eyes ( mentally not physically ). You should do this at's amazing what you will find. Me, well I found five extra images that went thru the "mononeil" process. The image above being one of them. Take very early one morning along the Wicklow/Wexford coast. The sun had not risen yet and you can see the light rays fanning out from the clouds on the horizon.
I didn't think it would work as a black & white but you know it does. I like the way the rocks are very dark with just a hint of light here and there. The shape of the flat rock surface and the highlights makes your eyes flow into the image. In contrast to the sky and the light rays this foreground was very dark and to balance it out a bit 3 ND filters had to be used.

The project for the year has being selected and is in full swing. More on this later.
The first major trip of the year has will happen in February down around west Cork - Kerry.


1 comment:

  1. Good black and white you have!. I add your blog to my blogroll in several minutes.
    My blog is in Spanish but feel free please to comment in English.

    ReplyDelete