Pages

Thursday 22 April 2010

Dunquin Pier



This is Dunquin Pier, Dunquin, on the Dingle Peninsula Co Kerry. You can get the Ferry over to the Blasket Islands visible in the background from here. The path down is unbelievably steep and I don't know how people walk up and down this winding path. Mind you it makes for a great foreground interest in a photograph. I have seen a few images of this Pier shoot closer and tight to the frame but I decided to take a wider view and capture the Blasket Island in the background to give the image a little extra bit of interest. Does it work ?
I would say yes as that's what a had in mind when I got to the location after I ran back to the car during a quick 10mins rain shower. It was very windy and I was standing right on the cliff edge which made me a bit uneasy as I don't like heights or rather looking down over cliff edges. So I was holding onto the tripod so that it wouldn't blow away and for my life.

I will continue My Dingle Trip next week after I get back from England that's if the airlines are able to fly again due to the Iceland Volcano that is causing chaos over here in Europe. I have to shoot the London Marathon on Sunday fly home and then back to England a day later to Canon for training on new equipment.

So see you all this time next week and have a good and safe weekend.

More Skies here at SkyWatch Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I would just love to see this image in a much bigger size! So lovely! I really like the BW conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aloha,

    and happy earth day, i love this view, the monochrome is perfect


    would you care to join me on a new challenge i have posted on my site

    come and join us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another astonishing photo. Incredible depth of field, composition, and tonality. Still in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such a stunning shot! Absolutely Dramatic!

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete