Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Coumeenoole Bay


Easter Holidays are now over and mind & body refreshed yes ?
It's being a while since my last post, looking at the date on the last post 21st March. I was away down to Co Kerry for a few days last week with a couple of new toys to play with and test.
Got a new car. Well when I mean new, I mean new to me as it's 8 years old. Funny thing is I payed twice the price of the car for the new camera and lens combination. Typical photographer right ?
We ( the family ) headed down to Dingle, Co Kerry for a break and I used this to put the 5Dmk2 and 24mm TS-E mk2 through some field tests. The results are only wonderful. Now I will have to upgrade my Mac computer to handle the very large files. I think my bank manager is going to cry if he sees me again.
When we go down this direction, we normally stay in Killarney and go to Dingle on a day trip. This time we used Dingle as our base for the holiday. A few days before we left I planned out locations to goto and shoot using maps and Google Earth. However this being Ireland plans changed. Explain later.
The Dingle Peninsula is one of Ireland gems for photographers and the road around Slea Head to Dunquin and onto Ballyferriter is just wonderful. The image above show Coumeenoole Bay and Great Blasket Island in the background. No joke, this is the view form the side of the road as you drive around Slea Head. Just imagine what it must have being like to live in that cottage and open your front or back door to that view ?
Now getting back to the plan. It rained for 18hours non-stop. All I could do was look out the hotel room window and hope that tomorrow would be better. So one and a half days lost. Mind you the children didn't mind as they came home with lots of goodies from the Kids Club in the Hotel. It was definitely worth the wait as the weather the next day was spot-on.
So, stayed tuned for chapter 2 in My Dingle Trip.


6 comments:

  1. gorgeous gorgeous photo. Lovely that the rain stopped for you to enjoy and shoot images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you swear up and down that this is natural light and no Photo Shop? I bow down in your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes natural light.
    Dodge & Burn like in the film days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless ! You're a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one heckuva view, and of course an excellent photo. Congrats on the new camera to keep up with your art. A car on the otherhand is simple transportation from one photo shoot to the next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking image! My favorite of all the photos I've seen on your blog yet.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete