Pages

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Skerries Walk





Question : Do you bring a camera with you when you go out for a walk ?

If the answer to the above question is no then why not?
I bring a camera with me at all times when a I go out for a walk with the family. It may not the the high-end DSLR's I own but the G10 goes with all the time. It depends on the location and what type of walk we go on for choosing what to bring ie the full backpack and tripod or pocket camera. Mind you I will always bring a tripod with me. There is still life yet in my old and battered tripod.
The image above was taken on a Sunday walk around the seaside village of Skerries in north county Dublin. There was a strong clod wind blowing. I know as my newspaper let fly all over the public playground. It was funny to see grown adults running around trying to catch my newspaper. When we arrived there, we got a bit too eat and then went for a walk. The sky was clear and blue (not to my liking) but I could see that the clouds were a coming. While the children played on the swings etc. I slipped away to find a location a take a snap or two. Again the strong winds was blowing and I was blessed in bringing the tripod.
I did manage to get a couple of image from this location. You might be able to see the Mourne Mountains on the horizon. But it's the lovely side lighting and shadows in the foreground that interests me. That S curve in the sand and the shadows leads me nicely into the image. Waiting for the clouds added to the background and finished the image off.

So another Question : Are you going to bring your camera with you next time ?

I hope your answer will be yes as you never know what image you will go home with.

2 comments:

  1. For me cameras are like books so to speak, I have them lying around all over the place (well I wish I could, but that's idea, if only the kids could leave them alone!).

    One in the kitchen - the wife's Lumix TZ4. The G10 in a jacket pocket for short journeys. The rucksack is on standby at all times - like in the Bourne Identity ready to leave in 15 seconds! One of the tripods stays in the car religiously.

    The shelve has the OM 2N loaded with B&W film, the M8 and the Kiev 4A. The infrared Canon 30D sits around somewhere between the office sofa and the storeroom.

    I think I might need another camera ... Got to love ebay for finding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not always. But generally, yes, the camera comes along.

    ReplyDelete