Pages

Monday 14 December 2009

SunFlare


Here is your Monochrome Maniacs image.

It's been a while since my last post. Catching up after a couple of Christmas Craft Fair's. Printing and posting images. I also teach a two day Monochrome Workshop. This weekend just past was one such. I enjoy teaching and explaining the methods used to achieve my style of black and white photography.
Interesting, if not completely mad image taken on the workshop. It shows Newtown Abbey, Trim, Co Meath at sunset ( well before sunset ). Normally I would not do such a image but I kind of like this image. I have another image taken from the same spot, again at sunset, but at a different tie of the year. Just goes to show the different positions of the sunset during the course of a year. Link here to see the other version.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, not often, flare is a good thing. Excellent image enhanced by flare -- a classic B&W photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 'Tommy' moment. Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flare and silhouette make for an interesting image. I would love to participate in your workshop. Unfortunately, commuting is the problem.

    ReplyDelete