Pages

Sunday 20 December 2009

Bective Abbey Walls



Here is your Monochrome Maniacs image.

Another image taken on one of my Monochrome Workshop weekends. This is the inner walls of Bective Abbey, Co Meath. We had a very overcast day which made for very poor landscape images for the whole Abbey. A quick walk around and inside the Abbey we were able to capture the details in the walls because of the soft defused light.
The students could not see the image I had in mind but after we got back and uploaded the image onto the computer and did some very small adjustments. Bingo. They started to understand, which the whole idea of the Monochrome Workshop.

More than likely this will be my last post before Christmas.
So I thank you all for your comments on my posts during the year and hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

PS Lets hope Santa brings us lots of presents ( eg new cameras, lens,etc.... )

7 comments:

  1. Monochrome does so well telling the story of this old stone Abbey. You have the eye for sure Neil. And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely capture of the scale, Neil. That looks like the sort of workshop that would be useful for moi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good lesson, when the sky is overcast gray, shoot detail shots and eliminate the sky. I don't know how many times I battled with overcast sky scenes.

    merry Christmas and Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog some days ago. I really like the photos you have here. I've checked out some of them and I really like them. I have saved your address to be able to come back and see more later on. I hope you are having a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great travel blog you have here. I have one myself which I hope to be a top resource for those looking to travel. We have a lot to cover and not that much time to do it. I was wondering if we could exchange links to help spread some traffic around. Please let me know if this is possible.

    Jason
    ThatVACATIONfeeling.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that split in the image.

    Gavin

    ReplyDelete