Pages

Sunday 18 October 2009

Sugar Loaf



Here is your Monochrome Maniacs image.

You are not going to believe this but I found one of those magic cards that gets you out of doing the kitchen tiles. It says "Go for a walk in the mountains cards". Now all I have to do is find another one for next weekend.
Yes we did go out this weekend walking in the mountains and when my 6 year old son picked the mountain, that was that. Car was packed and lunches made. The mountain in question is The Sugar Loaf Mt in Co Wicklow. Not a very big one, but very steep rocks near the top all the same. We all made it up with not trouble and had lunch up there. The weather was not the best leaving home, light rain, and we didn't think a walk was possible. However as I always say and do "Just get out and go". In the end, it was a bit cloudy and overcast but nice all the same. I also did manage to sneak the camera with me. My pocket compact camera, in fact this goes with me everywhere.
The above image was the last one as we headed back to the car. All the other image were of the family and you know me they don't get posted. The rest of the landscape image are kind of dull, what with the light not right. But this image turned out very nice indeed.
Hope you all had a good weekend and see you again soon.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! and you have many of them in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think is now one of my favourites of all your pictures; the mountain looks like the end of a journey, or a place to escape to.

    Thanks for the feedback - it's a relief to know my pics look ok on a working screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There must be so many such mountains. I am ver familiar with the Welsh version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know something - I thought about you when I postet my monochrome today. My photo today is kind of your style. Like this one of yours. Beautiful dramatic sky - and a depht to be drawn in to. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful picture. I like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mountains are very interesting and great subjects. This one is a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a georgeous picture. If you're having som trouble, I can imagine this is a great place to be on your own to think things through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had one of those cards .. excellent composition

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a peaceful scene, much better than tiling. just remember the 80% rule. When the project is 80% done, you have the right to claim it as done and take a long long break from it.

    ReplyDelete