Pages

Sunday 27 September 2009

Skerries Today



Here is your Monochrome Maniac image.

It's been a good while since I have taken any black and white landscapes of late. Too busy, a good complaint in these troubled times. You get to a point where you don't care any more. I have reach and passed that point now.
Back to photography. This image was taken today over on the east coast in a place called Skerries. We went for a walk around the village and beach area. I managed to slip away from the family with my camera and tripod. How did they get into the car? It's a mystery. Traveling very light, camera, 24mm tilt&shift lens and cable release. I managed to get a couple of images around the shoreline from Red Island. Red island is what they called the land around by the harbour. In the image above you can also see Colt Island.
This was a straight shot ie none of my usual grad filters. Processed using DXo Optics and dodge and burn in Photoshop.
What's in store for me this week coming:
Monday sees me heading down to Dublin Zoo for the Launch of the book on the history of the Zoo. Many of my photos are included. Tuesday is the opening night of the "Art of Photography" course I am teaching for the next 8 weeks. Wednesday is the opening night of "Digital Photography for Beginners". Another 8 week course I am teaching. I think I will bring a photo of my family with me as I don't think I will be seeing much of them. ( Good or Bad ? ).
Hope you have a good week and drop by during the week to see more B&W Landscapes.

8 comments:

  1. Hot off the press, so to speak. Great.
    Daughter Viv is starting a D. Photo course with the OU over in Cardiff shortly.
    If you aren't about we will know you're occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! Good luck with your exiting week to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a busy schedule for the week. Very nice B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to be busy especially at the moment. Even better to get out and about with the Camera too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take my breath away with this one!
    Marvelous composition and the contrast and textures.. Mmm!
    Wish you the best for this week :)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So involving, I could really look at it all day ... Sorry to be so late visiting this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it's something with the DOF here, but the scene almost looks miniature :)
    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete