Pages

Monday 7 September 2009

Larrybane



Here is your Monochrome Maniac image.

As I have said before I don't display images of my family. I also don't take portrait landscapes as in the above image. I did for this image however. It was taken went I was up on the Antrim coast a while back now. The location is called Larrybane. The two major visitor locations on this coast would be The Giants Causeway and The Carrick-a-Rede Rope bridge. Larrybane is the location of the rope bridge. When we arrived here the car park was completely full of visitors fro the rope bridge. I had mentioned to Peter about this spot, so we drove passed the car park and down the path towards the over overflow car park. We had the place to ourself. A short walk down towards the water edge and you have a wonderful view of the Larrybane Cliffs and the Rope Bridge.  The above is the view you have as you walk down the path towards the bottom of the cliffs. You can see Rathlin Island on the horizon and using a Polariser the sky has turned black. 

When I am out taking Landscape images I visualize them in the Landscape format not this portrait format and find it very hard to like any image in this format. Have you any thoughts on this? I will post the Landscape version and we can compare the images with a quick poll to find out which you like best.

3 comments:

  1. It helps to know the ropes... sorry.
    Great image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes for a dramatic shot. I prefer the landscape format for scenery, but there are times when the portrait format works well. You've given a great sense of distance in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that near the quarry? It's also a great place for fossil hunting :)

    I've no real preference for either way up - a scene with features one behind the other, like your picture, look better as portrait I think. Features spead lengthwise go in landscape.

    ReplyDelete