Pages

Sunday 26 July 2009

Doo Lough Pass



Here is your Monochrome Maniacs image.

I'm jumping back to the Westport trip for this image. I took about 2 frame at this location. It's about as much time as I could handle those 'Midges' before going mad. My god they get everywhere and you can still feel them all over you even after you do the funny dance and jump into your get a way car.

Back to the image. What you see here is the road from Louiseburgh to Leenaun (R335) ie the Doo Lough Pass and the lake, Doo Lough itself. On the right we have the Sheeffry Hills and on the right we have the Mweeelrea Mountains.

I had to wait in the car for a couple of hours for the rain to stop and I think I fell asleep for a bit of that time. Well it was 5:30 in the morning when I got here so a quick snooze was aloud.

13 comments:

  1. Definitely a work of art. Your BW images are outstanding. Excellent capture of the mountains and valley. Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almst as I cant belive what i see.... all the pictures in your blog i hope to se afterwords....

    But this one is THE picture this week, I just know it.

    Nice week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shot as always, Neil! No one does black and white better than you. Stunning!
    Have a great week!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't talk to me about midges...
    Actually, I find the view rather frightening, cold. Quite disturbing.
    A 'me' thing,no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your landscapes, more vistas in Ireland then we have around Reading. Do you work 35mm film or digital?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clouds coming down over the mountains are beautiful - actually, I just love the sky in general.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a short time-out from the online world, I came back, and immediately rushed to see your blog, I really missed your photos.
    Looking at the one posted above, I sure know why I missed your works.
    Splendid :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way the sun hit the lake - it made the whole picture shine. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work celebrates the stunning, unspoiled landscape there. It's inspiring and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful ... I am never ever disappointed when I visit .. such lovely scenery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shine as RuneE says is a great description. I really should get up the mountains here. Always reminds me when I see your landscapes how terrific they look greyscale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a fantastic picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the light in this photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete