Pages

Sunday 14 June 2009

Clogherhead Storm



Here is your Monochrome Maniacs image.

Well talk about 4 seasons in one day, how about over a couple of hours. I was over at Clogherhead, Co Louth on the east coast today and in the short time I was there we had clear blue skies, wonderful clouds, wind and rain, and to top things off thunder.

You can see from the above image, that Clogherhead was in beautiful sunshine which a storm was coming. You could here the thunder which would be over 20km's away. Well at least we got our walk, some photos and lunch just before the rain started again.

13 comments:

  1. They don't come more dramatic than this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning beauty!!!
    Natures art wrath, anger and beauty.
    True love to me!

    I have a question for you.
    Since I know that you most certain are the perfect person to ask.

    I have this wish to shoot thunder and lightning and be somewhere quite 'safe'.
    Do you have any recommendations for me?
    I would be very glad if you have time to answer this question sometime!

    froste_eriksdott@hotmail.com

    Have a nice week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is, "WOW!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shots! I've been scrolling down your blog, and you truly are an artist! I sure come back and visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot!
    I looks really good i b/w.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous clouds heavy with rain! I and my camera got soaked yesterday and the day before when I was out and about, but dark skies make great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mood and drama are incredible! I like this a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, all the glory of weather in one shot. Very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, beautiful. Your country is marvelous, this photo schould be on a big wall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a master of mono!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and dramatic. Ditto to all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dramatic, breathtaking, stunning shot! And like Clueless, I can only add, ditto to all of the above! You are indeed an artist! Thank you for the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful storm image! Glad you (and your camera!) kept dry.

    ReplyDelete