Pages

Friday 24 April 2009

Newfoundland Bay 2




Here is your Scenic Sunday image.

Newfoundland Bay, Upper Lake, Killarney, the image I was looking for before I turned around to find the views in the previous posts.

It was a long wait to get this image. I think I stood here for well over a hour talking to myself and a couple of swans, until the light was right. It's not the image I was after but we can't control the weather and have to make do with the conditions before us. So I waited to see if the sun would shine on the mountains in the distance. It came out for a minute or so and lite up the mountain top. And that was it, the image above. After the minute or so the light changed again but was too dull to continue. So I changed direction and got the images below.

Next week I will continue the series from Killarney with some images form the grounds of The Lake Hotel with views of Loch Lein or the Lower Lake.

9 comments:

  1. All are wonderful pictures - so remote and still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Great photo.It's so wonderful!

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful play of light in this glorious landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The monochromatic effect is more dramatic than the coloured shot, reminiscent of the B&W days. But it still exists and preserved. You have captured total beauty of peace of Killarney by its solitary mood, alone, unmoved from the hurly-burly of the modern world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo, thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So dramatic! And somehow I missed your Skywatch Friday post last Friday. Now I see it...Wow! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, i agree with you that sometimes, we wait to capture a great scenery, because it make some difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your b&w's - They're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very dramatic sky, and I love the way the wind appears to be whipping up the waves.

    Great shot.

    ReplyDelete