Pages

Thursday 7 August 2008

The Rock



Well the weather was worse than I hoped to expected down in Cork. I had only one good day and that was the drive down to Cork. I stopped in Cashel , Co Tipperary for a bit of lunch and to get a photo of "The Rock of Cashel". This is not your usual image of the famous place but a viewpoint I came across a while back but with no tripod I made it a point to return again. This is one of a couple of images taken that will make up onto the website for sale (www.blackandwhite.ie get the plug-in). What interests me about this image is the angle and lines of the wall and the hill.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic image. I am curious to learn your post processing technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Dusty Lens.

    I am trying to put the finishing touchs to a pdf document about my B&W Conversion process, but very buzzzy. However the main conversion is first expose to the right and then convert from colour to b&w in Lightroom. Export into Photoshop. Using Lawyers and masks build up the final image with Dodge and Burn tools. Final curves for contrast. That my secert ?
    Regards Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I appriciate this information. However, I only have Photoshop Elements 5.0 and an entry level DSLR camera, I do my best to try new techniques as I learn. I continue to lurk here and try to learn the art of black and white photography.

    ReplyDelete