Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Courtmacsherry Bay



While down in Cork at the June Bank Holiday Weekend I went for a spin around the Old Head of Kinsale. It was in the late afternoon so I had to wait for a good few hours until the sunset. It was a wonderfull day and the beach was packed with people. One by one they started to pack up and leave and by 9:30 there was nobody left on the beach to walk in front of the camera. What I like about this image is the rock formations in the foreground and the rays of ligth in the clouds details. The location for the image was the beach just before Lispatrick on the R604 looking out over Courtmacsherry Bay, Co. Cork.

4 comments:

  1. Neil,

    This is truly a fantastic picture. Congratulations!! Light, composition, subject just fit so well together.

    Note to self: hang around on Neil's blog more often :)

    Take care,

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments Joel.
    This is one of or even my top image of the year I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil,

    In a sense, that is reassuring. If you had said this was just an ordinary week-end random snapshot, I would have been worried :)

    Take care,

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be worried if I were you Joel :-)
    bacause I was down in Cork to skoot the Cork City Marathon on the Monday but went down to Cork on the Sunday. Went for a drive around Old Head of Kinsale to pass the time and came across this location. So you could say it was a sort of snapshot ?

    Regards Neil

    ReplyDelete